It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon, nothing ahead but you and the sofa. You’ve already had lunch and dinner is still a few hours away, when suddenly a familiar twinge strikes. Hunger… or is it? This hunger attack is what I like to call the Bunchies (Bored Munchies). You aren’t really hungry, you just ate. You don’t really have anything else to do, so mindlessly shoveling waves of tortilla chips while watching reruns of Teen Mom sounds like an awesome idea. I beg of you, just say no to the the Bunchies. I’m here to help you distract your brain from giving into the tantalizing call of your kitchen.
10 1/2 Thing to do When Your Are Bored Instead of Snacking
1. Blog, that’s right get a head start on the upcoming blog week. Write and extra post, post a dozen times a day if you have to. I will gladly read your photo heavy blog post about your cat Mr. Freckles adventures in a paper grocery sack. The world can always use more adorable images of cats (even though I’m a dog person), I will always, ALWAYS stop for a cute kitty cat picture.
2. Take your dog for a walk. Fiddo would love to entertain you by stopping to smell every mailbox, he does this because he cares. What a perfect walking buddy, you can jabber away while you walk and he won’t interrupt you once. Plus getting a little exercise is way better that getting extra calories. And I can’t share a cat picture without posting one of my puppy pictures, 1…2….3….. awwwwwww.
3. Update your iPod. Odds are you have the same music on your iPod you did when you bought the thing. So toss out old song that don’t get you jazzed and motivated. Now you have all kinds of extra space for new songs that spice up your time at the gym or hitting the pavement.
4. Read a book, read a magazine, read a blog. It’s summer, the perfect time to kick back with a cool glass of lemon water and enjoy some you time. Escape to another world for awhile. If you haven’t read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, you so should. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll want to get pigeon tattooed on your wrist. I’ve read this book honestly about 10 times. Buy it… read it… you’ll thank me I promise.
5. Clean. I don’t care how much of a neat freak you are, there is something you can clean. Cleaning is a great way to get moving while also checking things off your to do list. You know that dust bunny that has been taunting you with it’s little bunny hopes and dreams for at least a month. Sweep him up and send him to a new bunny home. Finally dust off your blinds that have so much dust on them it looks like your house has been through a volcanic eruption. I wouldn’t however recommend cleaning your kitchen, that puts you to close to the food.
6. Call up some friends and invite them over for an old fashion game night. Pull out Dream Phone, Monopoly, Cards Against Humanity and get your game on. When everyone gets bored sitting around, challenge them to hide and go seek or tag. Seriously, when’s the last time you let your inner child out and played hide and go seek? I played kickball over the weekend with the kiddos in the neighborhood and had a blast. You are never to old to let your inner child out to play.
7. It’s summer which means shorts and bikini season, so pamper yourself with a sugar scrub leg treatment. I make an awesome citrus sugar scrub that leaves legs feeling smooth and healthy looking. Did you know that if you don’t exfoliate your legs your leg hair can actually become ingrown? Doesn’t delicious smelling sugar scrub for beautiful summer legs sound better that that box of chocolate cupcakes you were thinking about eating?
8. Lose a few hours in Pinterest. Find a DIY project, research new healthy recipes, or pin a couple of beauty secrets. If you can’t waste at least an hour at a time on Pinterest… please tell me your secret because that place is like black hole sucking me in from afar.
9. Do something nice for someone. Leave little notes for your significant other telling them how sexy they look. Mow the neighbors lawn because you know her husband is deployed and she has her hands full with a couple of kiddos. Take your mom flowers. Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy share that with others. You never know how your actions can change someones day.
10. Dance around to your favorite 90s boy band. Proud NSYNC fan since 1998. Yes I said it, I’m not ashamed.
10 1/2. Logic with yourself. Are you really hungry? Are you really in desperate need for some sort of entertainment? Is the bag of mini M&M’s worth more than a body you can rock at the lake in a bikini? You are strong enough to say no to the bunchies. Don’t go into the light of your refrigerator. Walk away friend.