Easy Low Calorie Homemade Red Sauce
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (1 drained)
- 1 small yellow onion (chopped)
- 5 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 packet Italian Dressing Mix
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
It’s Cookin Time:
- Put olive oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Once pot heats up sauté onion and garlic. This will take only a couple moments, until the onions are translucent.
- Now pulse both cans of diced tomatoes in a blender. We want to chop them up, not make them soup. Once pulsed a few time, pour contents into pot with the garlic and onions.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients string until throughly combined.
- Now turn down the heat and let it all simmer and yummy up together.
This sauce is super easy and super delicious. Of course I would love to pour it over a huge bowl of carb infested pasta, but thanks to Rabbit Food For My Bunny Teeth I learned a healthy alternative to pasta. Broccoli slaw, now before you wrinkle up your nose, it’s seriously good. I am such a baby about giving up my junk food for healthy food but broccoli slaw made it super easy to give up pasta. Learn how to prepare the broccoli slaw in place of pasta here. Still hesitant to try it? Think about it like this. One serving of pasta has well over 200 calories, while a serving of broccoli slaw only has 50 calories. You do the math.
Happy nom noming.